[6pack] Engine guys?

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Engine guys?
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 00:39:18 +0000 FILETIME=[1E299770:01CFEB35]
Hey engine guys,
Having problems on the bearings on my Spit. Did the rod bearings a few months
ago, now doing the 3 mains. All of the bearing caps were real tight, but I got
them off, 1 at a time, and finally got the rear and middle done. Having a heck
it a time with the front. Every time I snug up the bolts at all, no torque, it
binds the crankshaft. I've taken it back off a dozen times. The top bearing on
the front was very tight, didn't slide easily around the shaft, but did't take
too much force to push it around. What am I missing?
thanks for any help,
Sloane