[6pack] Fwd: RE: SU HS6 on TR6 Needles & Springs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Fwd: RE: SU HS6 on TR6 Needles & Springs
From: tr6@lbcs.ca
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:07:47 -0600
Thanks for all the responses on my stumble. To your question Vance,
it's definitely a stumble, almost like a small pop rather than a miss.

On the theory that 90% of carburetion problems are electrical I've
verified that all of the ignition components are sound. By the way I'm
running Pertronix so points are taken out of the equation.

I've set the timing by vacuum, and although it's showing about 20 BTDC
it seems to run well so it could be wear in an older engine (timing
chain or damper) that's giving an inaccurate reading.

I've also gone to 30W in the dashpots from 10W/30.

The stumble seems to have been reduced a bit so I'll drive it for a
while and then reassess it to see what else needs to be done.
--
Cheers,
Dave

6pack@autox.team.net