[6pack] Suspension adjustments/Ride height

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Suspension adjustments/Ride height
From: Andrew Packard <apackard68@att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello list:
Even before my Rat-co frame-off restoration, my car sat slightly
lower (3/4") on the driver's side than the passenger side.  Spring swapping
did not solve this.  Currently, I have shortened springs all the way around
with 1/2" spacers in the rear only.  In order to get things level, I am
planning to remove the spacer in the R rear, and add a 1/2" spacer in the L
front.  I'm assuming this will not have an adverse effect on my suspension
uniformity.  I will go over the suspension installation first, looking for
errors, but I cannot imagine having it wrong after all the detailed work I've
done.  Do you think my approach would cause any other peripheral problems?
I'm thinking that if I can get the car level and the spring heights and rates
are the same on both sides, the spacers wouldn't have a negative impact.

Your opinions are invited and welcome.

Andy
CD6746L