Re: [6pack] Where have all the platers gone?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Where have all the platers gone?
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:48:48 -0400
Dave
I've used New England Chrome with good results. Both bumpers, gas cap, front
badge was about $1200 but that was 5 years ago. They do good work, with the
usual three layers of metal - nickle, copper, chrome - I think in that order.
Whether the result is concourse grade, I don't know nor care. It looks pretty
good to me and certainly better than stock.

I recently had them do my speedo and tach bezels for $90. They charge what
they say they will and deliver on time.

If you send them a photo, they'll give you a quote over the phone or email.

As to the environmental issues, yes, hexavalent chrome is the most insideous,
lethal, industrial contaminant ever devised by man, and the plating shops have
special processors that come and take the waste away for special chemical
treatment. This stuff is what Pacific Gas and Electric dumped into the water
supply of several hundred people in Hinkley, California, a story popularized
by the movie Erin Brokovich. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Gas_and_Electric_Company#The_legal_case_
in_Hinkley_.281993-1996.29

So, enjoy the deep luster of a well chromed bumper, and be happy that the EPA
is protecting us and our kids.

Jerry
'74 TR6 Mallard Green in Connecticut