Re: [6pack] Chrome plating.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Chrome plating.
From: TRsick@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:29:22 EDT
Dave:
    I may not be able to tell you were in New England  to go. But for sure
can tell you where NOT to go.
Stay away from...
Nu-Chrome in Fall River (tons & tons of horror stories from losing  parts
to crappy work, looong wait times & high prices).
New England Chrome plating in Ct. Same stories as Nu-Chrome.
    I have had first hand issues with both. IMO,  Nu-Chrome is the worst of
the 2 but that is not a compliment. I know the owners  son was trying to
turn things around for Nu-Chrome, but not much has changed as  of yet.
    I am in the powder coating business. I do have  powders that are called
"Chrome", but IMO it really looks more like nickel  plate rather than "show
quality" chrome plate. Nothing is as nice as a  real good chrome job. The
chrome powder is a less expensive alternative. But I  don't think anyone
would be fooled to think the chrome powder was real  chrome.
    I also have had problems with "The Bumper Boy's"  work. And since then
I do not refer any chrome shops to any of my  customers. As I have been
burnt by doing so.
    I think the best advise you got, is to get a  referral from a good
motorcycle custom shop & ask who they use. It seems to  me, most of the best
chrome work is being done in Ca. Although I have no  knowledge of the work
being done in Canada.
    Bob