[6pack] [6-pack] undercoating removal

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] [6-pack] undercoating removal
From: "Robert N. Clark" <rclark@robertsonclark.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:14:29 -0700
Thanks to all for the input.  Seems like I have been using most of the
right tools.  I have been using all the protective gear.   As Bob
Danielson mentioned, this stuff hides a plethora of both manufacturing
and age related issues.  A few pinholes have appeared, but overall the
stuff did a good job of protecting the steel, especially where it has
remained in a semi-solid state.  The wire wheel attachment for the drill
seems to be similar to the crud thug Gary mentioned.  It works in some
spots but not in others and tends to strip the brittle stuff better than
that which is still soft.

Any concerns when using the torch of applying too much heat?  It seems
that fire is an indication that you have definitely applied enough to
scrape off the coating but does that cause any issues for the steel,
I.e. warping?

Bob Clark
'69 TR6