Re: [6pack] floats

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] floats
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:01:49 -1000
Oliver,

  I've had 2 plastic floats go bad in 2 years, which coincided with the
mandatory introduction of ethanol in Hawaii.  Both were used but OK when put
in.  When taken out both had cracks in the area where they snap into the
loop on the wire arm.  Maybe the ethanol somehow makes the plastic brittle
by leaching out whatever makes it flexible; once it becomes brittle it gets
a stress crack and slowly fills up.

  Anyway, so far so good with the brass Mustang one.  I heard its used on
Ford Ranger pick-ups too.

Jeff