[6pack] FW: TR6 Lighting issue - Advice Needed

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] FW: TR6 Lighting issue - Advice Needed
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:54:48 -0400
Ken,
The best advice I give any Triumph owner with a wiring issue is to go to Dan
Master's old Advance Auto Wire site and download the free full color wire
schematics for your car. With all due respect to Bentley, Haynes, Triumph
etc etc, the stock schematics were full of errors which led Dan to create
correct schematics. In fact, there's a few guys on this Mail List who helped
Dan sort through the various cars' wiring to create these accurate
schematics. They are free and you can save them to your PC for future
reference. Here's the URL for all the cars
http://www.advanceautowire.com/schematics.htm and here's the TR250/TR6 URL:
http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf

What I would do at this point is to isolate various sections of the circuit
and test them individually for continuity and I'd even disconnect them from
any switch and apply external 12V power directly to the wire. In other words
take the fuse box or headlight switch or dimmer switch out of the equation.
Normally the fuse box is the only point where the headlight and
parking/taillight circuits all come together.

Did you ever tell us what year car you have? For some reason '69 is stuck in
my head but I don't know why :-)

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection