Re: [6pack] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 3, Issue 94

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 3, Issue 94
From: Scott Cypher <srcypher@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:25:40 -0400
I have the hydraulic pump version of the floor dollies (http://
www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94682)

as well 2 sets of the the Merrick dollies (http://
www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/Merrick_Machine.html)

I like the merricks' best, cheap, easy to use.  No cross bar to get
in the way of jacking up just high enough to slide under the wheel.
Both types roll exceptionally well. Too well, as a section of my
workshop is on an incline; I would almost want a brake sometimes.

I would concur with the other' inspect the casters; I suspect you
will find some that roll easier than others.  But the caster
replacement kit indicated is pricey; It looks like you have to drill
the plates for the stud, vs. just find a comparable plate topped caster.

Thanks

-Scott Cypher

Today's Topics:

    1. Vehicle dollies (John Mitchell