[6pack] Kastner Cup, Watkins Glen NY Triumph Team 44, TTA 2009 Drive

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR8 Mail List Members
Subject: [6pack] Kastner Cup, Watkins Glen NY Triumph Team 44, TTA 2009 Drive
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:09:32 -0600
Hi All,

Okay I'm BAAAACK!!

I have not been watching the lists too closely due to being 200% into
this new job, but I note a curious lack of publicity for one of the
premier Triumph events of this century.

September 5,6,7 2008 at Watkins Glen!

Triumph Race cars, Triumph Race drivers, Concours d' Elegance car shows,
sight seeing, Lake Seneca, wineries and food, antiques and shopping,
Triumph celebrities with sports car and racing journalists from all over
the world, the US Vintage Gran Prix,  and remembrance of those great
drivers and cars of the past.
 If you are into Triumphs, THIS is the event you should not miss.  But
if you are into Triumphs, you already know about this epic event.
You will see many of the Friends of Triumph racers
http://www.fot-racing.com/ who are some of our own marques racing
legends, including Kas Kastner and more!
I am of course talking about 60 years of memories in one great weekend!
Watkins Glen International Raceway is celebrating its 60th birthday - 60
years of Road Racing at the Glen, and featuring the Triumph Marque and
vintage racers.  Anyone associated with Triumphs and Road Racing will be
there for the 3 days of celebrations, including a grand festival and car
show hosted by the town of Watkins Glen.

If you have not made room reservations yet, you will find the closest
rooms are 50 miles or more away, so expect a drive.

What does this have to do with the TTA 2009 Charity Drive?

Well,  John Macartney is scheduled to attend this historic festival
event and be in the "Legends Speak" tent at the Grand Prix Festival in
the town of Watkins Glen, and at the VIP paddock on the race grounds.  I
will be joining John as the North American 2009 Drive Coordinator as we
officially kick off the Triumph Trans America 2009 Charity Drive in
Watkins Glen 4-7 September.  The key to the ignition of the TTA Stag
starting this drive is only 11 months, and the key to our kickoff is the
Watkins Glen 60th celebrations.

If you and/or your club have volunteered to support this drive, please
stop by and chat with us.  If you have worked on the TTA Stag,
definitely stop by and sign the TTA poster board as a volunteer!!  This
will be our next step in planning and  preparing for this drive, plus we
will have the latest photos and status of the TTA Stag being Prepared by
the Illinois Sports Owners Association (look for STTAG Restoration Team
Member Irv Korey and others from ISOA to have Stag paint and grease
under their fingernails!)

See http://www.grandprixfestival.com for details of events on 5
September, http://www.theglen.com for information about the 60 years
celebration and races, and for information on the Triumph Trans AmeriCan
2009 Charity Drive, go to http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk/

See you there!!

--
Glenn A. Merrell
TTA 2009 Charity Drive North American Coordinator