[6pack] Rod at bottom of door guts

To: "'6 pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Rod at bottom of door guts
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:07:12 -0700
Hello all:

My TR250 is slowly coming together.  Everything seems to need a little extra
attention to go back on clean with fresh hardware while accommodating all
the aftermarket stuff.

I put my door guts in the passenger side.  Thanks to Bob D. and his website
for some advice on eliminating rattles.  I had previously updated the felt
in the channels, but pinching the tops of the channels and strategically
adding padding should help ward off any rattle gremlins in the future.

My question is about the black bracket at the bottom that limits the down
travel of the window.  There's a rod passing through the bracket that hooks
to the brackets of each window channel.  What purpose does it serve?  Seems
like one more thing to vibrate in there.

Thanks for your help as always.

Andy

CD6746L