Re: [6pack] Anti-run on valve after Strombergs are replaced with

To: Henri Lefebvre <75teer6@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Anti-run on valve after Strombergs are replaced with
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:37:34 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

running on only happens when you have fuel that can still flow into the
intake tract... on my race car, I kill the fuel pump and run the motor at
2k to drop the fuel bowls down a tad and then shut the motor off. No
run-on EVER.

But the fuel may be a red herring. Make sure that your plugs aren't too
hot, as a hot plug may retain enough heat to "glow" a bit and that would
promote run-on as an ignition source. I don't know how to read plugs
precisely, but a plug that is WHITE is probably too hot.

I know you're running the NGK BP7's - do you have any 6's to try to see if
that helps?

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489