Re: [6pack] Anti-run on valve after Strombergs are replaced with

To: Henri Lefebvre <75teer6@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Anti-run on valve after Strombergs are replaced with
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:02:46 +0000
Henri, the AR valve has a narrow tube that goes to the banjo on the manifold
and on the opposite side has a larger diameter tube the goes into a port on
the bottom of the canister with a short piece of U shaped hose.

I got a note from Vance confirming that the valve is useless in this
application, I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting the body of that message
here:

<snip>

        You are correct, the anti-run on valve is now doing space research.

        If you are having run on, try hooking the valve up to your Webers. The
float bowls are vented to atmosphere somewhere. Drill/tap the vent hole and
hook it up to your AR valve.
        The valve works by applying vacuum to the float bowl. This in turn
prevents air pressure from pushing the fuel out through the jet.
        If you don't want to mess with your Webers, there is a Rover valve
that be hooked to your booster vacuum line, part number ADU9535. Available
from Moss Europe last time I checked.

</snip>