Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 U-Joint Needs Replacement

To: "'Marty Clark'" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>, "'6pack'"
Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 U-Joint Needs Replacement
From: "fasttrs" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:39:09 -0500
Goodparts have HD u-joints that stand up to my racing abuse.
I recommend replacing them all at one time.
It is a pretty extensive job to replace them so you may want to find someone
in your area that specializes in Triumphs or at least drivelines.

Mike Munson
Bowling Green, KY

http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=135

I need to replace my rear U-Joint (explains the vibrations I've been feeling
the last week). I was going to have a 4 wheel alignment done but they said
to bring it back after I fixed the U-Joint issue that they discovered. They
test drove the car and then put it on the rack and aftershowing me the
U-Joint they did a quick inspection to see if anything else obvious needed
replacement but they didn't see anything . Besides replacing the U-Joints
are there any related projects I should think about doing at the same time
without going nuts? The car is just about to turn 49,000 miles. I replaced
the rear trailing arm bushings and shocks last year.

How involved is replacing the U-Joints, I've never done this and I'm not
real experienced on working on cars? Anyone besides the big three to look at
purchasing them from?

Marty Clark