Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 U-Joint Needs Replacement

To: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 U-Joint Needs Replacement
From: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:55:40 -0700
I've usually taken my driveshaft and half-shafts to a local drive line shop
that carries Spicer Hardy
(or is it Hardy Spicer?) u-joints.  They install them for a nominal fee and
can balance your drive shaft if necessary.
It also results in less down time as compared to ordering the parts.

As regards a drive train vibration, make sure the drive shaft is 'in-phase'
--- the yokes of the u-joints should be parallel.
I accidentally got mine 'out of phase' (yokes perpendicular to each other)
and that resulted in a vibration/growl that I felt
through the gearshift.

Good Luck!
Cregg
73 TR6