Re: [6pack] Side view mirrors

To: <forzion@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Side view mirrors
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:09:45 +0100
Dave (forzion@maine.rr.com) wrote:

> Tex (England) offers very nice polished stainless mirrors, with both convext
>and flat glass
> offerings. Go to http://www.texautomotive.com/classic_exterior_mirrors.html
> See the MTR01 and MTR02. They are identical except, of course, for the glass.
>So, one could have a
> convex on the passenger side and a flat glass on the driver's side. Tex has
>quoted MTR-02's at
> 18.99 Pounds, each + about 15 Pounds shipping for a PAIR.

NFI myself but I can quote total satisfaction for all Tex products. For those
who might wish to
replicate Standard-Triumph approved accessories, the MS106C is the one the
company offered - and
fitted to all company owned vehicles. I've got two on my own car and they have
the added advantage
of having a swinging stem so you can have the mirror higher or lower as you
need. The mirror itself
is adjustable and has a spring-loaded base so if it gets knocked in a car park,
it'll spring back to
its previously set position. Not suitable for door mounting but forward down on
the front wings
(fenders)

Jonmac