Re: [6pack] The U-Joints are removed

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] The U-Joints are removed
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:06:58 +0000
Bob, unfortunately you have only experienced half of the potential
aggravation. Yet to come is finding that the joints are way too tight once you
get the circlips in (assuming you can get them in to start with) and you have
to ponder how to resolve that or risk premature failure. Most common remedy
suggested is thinning the clips (flat surface, sheet of wet and dry) and
making sure all of the cups are seated as far back once the clip is in its
slot and pray that the joint moves freely. In my case this part was worse than
the removal by an order of magnitude.

Stan