[6pack] TRF Carpet choices and Ground Cable

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TRF Carpet choices and Ground Cable
From: "Hunter, Darcy" <Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:03:14 -0500
Quick update
I had circulated a question recently regarding a floating ground problem on my
TR6.  It was agreed that the ground cable should run from the battery negative
ground down behind the accelerated peddle shaft and attached to the engine, at
the lifting eye.  This cable originally was uncovered braided
brass and gets clamped to the body on route to the block.  TRF confirmed they
have this item and I have put it on order.  Expense at $27 and it is
backordered.  I'll confirm it is correct for the list once received.
New Question
TRF has a 20% off list for carpet sets and I'd like to take advantage of this.
I'm looking for feedback on there carpet.  I have black and want a nice plush
carpet recognizing that's not exactly period correct.  Looks like there Wolton
is the best stuff.  Any comments from those that have this and
is additional padding suggested.  Thanks

Darcy Hunter
1973 TR6
North Easton MA