Re: [6pack] Charging Sytem Not Working - 74 TR6 - Fixed

To: marty.tr6@gmail.com (Marty Clark)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Charging Sytem Not Working - 74 TR6 - Fixed
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:53:10 -0800
Marty---Your new alternator shuld be putting out closer to 14.5V. One
way to check the accuracy of the volt meter is to turn on the ign. key
and wait for the dash meter to reach the peak power provided by the
battery. This number is 12.6V for a good battery.(Or you can check both
battery and alternator output with a voltmeter) Got this info from Dan,
the Man.

Dick

marty.tr6@gmail.com(Marty Clark)

Thanks to everyone how send me email on my failed alternator. I decided
to follow Joe Curry and Randall's advice and I now have a 55 amp
alternator in the TR6 tonight. Both recommended a 78-80 Ford Fiesta with
A/C Bosch unit. It bolted right in, same cable connectors. Only minor
issue was the fan(?) on the pulley just touched the washer and bolt on
the adjustment arm. I removed the middle washer from between the bracket
and the alternator and all was well. Volts read 13.9 at 1,500 RPM.
Once again the list get me back on the road.
Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U