[6pack] Re: Heater water return pipe

To: "Steve Lindquist" <lindquistse@charter.net>
Subject: [6pack] Re: Heater water return pipe
From: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:20:43 -0500
Hi Steve,

I have a 1970 and I was able to remove this pipe without removing the
exhaust or intake manifolds.

Disconnect the pipe at the water pump housing.  Disconnect the hoses and I
think there is another connection at the hose end (a bracket that is
integral to the pipe. The pipe should now be completely loose but captured
in place.  Now remove the water pump housing (These suckers are heavy so be
careful).  It is possible to thread the pipe out through the space where the
water pump housing was. You will bump the manifolds a few times, but by
rotating the pipe in your fingers you will get it to come out.

Disclaimer - I don't know if this would work for the later cars.

Regards,
John Cyg.