[6pack] Re: Iridium tip spark plugs

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Re: Iridium tip spark plugs
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:35:00 -0500
A little late on this, but I spoke with my cousin, who works for NGK
(was a sale's rep at one point).  Here are some key things he said to
me about it:

"iridium does make them last longer... but as far as energy the coil /
distributor is concerned... I haven't seen anything to suggest that
iridium is worse for that... in fact, I think our marketing claims
that it is better for spark energy... so... that being said, it would
take less energy to spark (aka saving the coil / distributor)."

"you can gap plugs... even the expensive Pt's or Iridiums... you just
have to be careful.  Can you bust the ground electrode off??  yes...
but... you have to be bending it quite a bit... basically, you don't
want to scratch the electrodes or bust the platinum pad off the ground
electrode.  I adjust plugs all the time (but I have been trained in
the long traditional Japanese secret art of gapping plugs). "

John V.
--
www.vannorman.no-ip.org