[6pack] Calipers and pistons....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Calipers and pistons....
From: richard.r.olson@faa.gov
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:07:34 -0500
In Bentley it says-
 8. Fit the piston to the caliper.
 9. Fit new dust cover and circlips.
OK?
 In Haynes same-
       8. Fit the larger diameter lip of the rubber dust cover to the
groove
             on the outside of top of the cylinder.

             9. Slide the pistons closed end first into the cylinders, with
great care
             and then fit the outer lip of the dust excluder into the
groove in the outer
             end of the piston.

       Here is my problems -
            1. What is Haynes seeing in 8 and 9.
            2. I can't put the pistons in the calipers.
               I used a let of brake fluid and the sealing rings with
fluid.
               Can I was a C-clamp (Look in DickT email in Jul2005)?
.
            3. dustcover and circlip - Is the clip on top of the dustcover
or
                  under the clip?  (I can do it on top, but the under I
can't.)
            4. Do I put the piston in the caliper first, then use the
dust/clip or
             use the dust/clip will piston first and then use the caliper?

             RickO