Re: [6pack] Radiator color

To: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Radiator color
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:12:20 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Bill & AnnaBelle wrote:

> Actually you need true "radiator" paint ... anything else will block airflow
> ... check the Eastwood Catalog for more information ...

Radiator paint will work.

So will ANY lacquer-based flat black spray.

Again, the key is _thin coats_.

The radiator gets reasonably warm (hopefully less than 250F), so you don't
really even need engine paint. BTW, I would not use the hi-temp engine
paint, a lot of that stuff goes on too thick which would be "bad" in this
application.

I won't knock Eastwood, they sell quality products. But I'll bet that you
can pick up a can of similar "stuff" at the local Auto-*-Boys type
retailer. In other words, Eastwood is overkill for this application.

regards,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489