RE: [6pack] TR6 Carb Questions

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [6pack] TR6 Carb Questions
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:43:52 +0000
Oh yes, i meant the needle valve that is inside the float bowl. and i meant
1/16th inch thickness for the aluminium washer - that is what i read in one
of my instructions.

where is the 'fuel jet'? stupid question...what is it?
same as the 'gross jet'? or is the gross jet the needle valve?
my old needle valve was a pin shape and the new one is a ball shape.
is one better than the other?

i was having horrible carb flooding (probably from the junk coming up
through the lines from
the gas tank and slipping past the fuel filter and fuel pump.) does one
needle valve clog more than antoher?

thanks.

james

>From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
>To: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>,<6pack@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: [6pack] TR6 Carb Questions
>Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:18:30 -0700
>
>       James:
>
>       If you are referring to the fuel jet, then use whichever spacer
>gets the jet recessed by 0.100" down from the surface of the bridge.
>This is a critical measurement, and if you cannot measure it then you
>need to borrow a caliper or you will never be able to get the mixture
>correct.
>       If you are referring to the needle valve, then it is not
>terribly critical which washer you use. You will check this when setting
>the float height. If there is a gap between the float finger and the
>needle valve, or if the float is riding very low such that a large
>adjustment is needed to get the float into spec, then insert one the
>washers under the needle valve seat as a shim so that any adjustment you
>need to make is small. You should not need a gasket with an aluminum
>washer. It is a soft metal and is designed to "crush" so that a seal is
>provided. This is why you never want to reuse aluminum or copper
>washers.
>       The 16 mm value sounds like a float height adjustment spec. You
>need to be able to measure this with some precision, so a machinists
>ruler or a caliper of some sort is recommended.
>
>       Vance

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? Youll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507