RE: [6pack] TR6 stopping distance results

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] TR6 stopping distance results
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:49:19 -0600
Don't forget tire traction rating. The stickier the tire, the shorter the
stopping distance.

Shawn

>===== Original Message From Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net> =====
>Hello List,
>
>Below are the results.  Just remember that vehicle stopping distances have
four components; Human Perception Time, Human Reaction Time, Vehicle Reaction
Time and Vehicle Braking Capability.  The contributors for the information
below are Vic Snively, John Shewmake, Berry Price and Jonmac. Thanks for the

>Greg Perry
>
>According to my 1975 Consumer Info pamphlet--
>light load---- 215 feet
>max load---- 225 feet
>
>original pamphlet 1974 TR6 non-overdrive
>60mph  187 feet
>
>R&T road test (1973)
>60mph to 0   155 feet
>80mph to 0   280 feet
>
>C&D test (Feb. 1969)
>80mph to 0    237 feet
>
>Motor Trend magazine testing a 1971 model UK spec TR6PI with overdrive and
wire wheels.

>IMPERIAL
> 30mph - 0mph    30ft / 10yds
> 60mph - 0mph    162ft / 54yds
> 70mph - 0mph    210 ft / 70yds
>
>METRIC
>48kph - 0kph      9 meter
>96kph - 0kph      49 meter
>113kph - 0kph    64 meter
>
>measured to the nearest whole unit of measurement; no figures given for
repeatability