Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #2102 - Re: 1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #2102 - Re: 1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for
From: Jim Hurley <hurls@world.std.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:16:18 -0500
Hello Everyone,

> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:03:21 -0500
> From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
> Subject: Re: 1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for sale (possible repost -
> sorry)
>
> Oliver wrote:
>

>>> I'll be back though, as soon as we move and I get a 3 car
>>> garage!! It all would have come out different if I would
>>> chosen to spend my time on the TR6 over the new
>>> kitchen. Cie La Vie!
>>>
>> yeah - you'd be finalizing your divorce . . .
>>

> Hmm, maybe I should do my next 6PACK tech article on spousal
> relationships? "Staying Together AND Keeping Your Cars TOO!"
>
> Answers that work for those me-or-the-car scenarios:
>
> 1) "Your British car smells"... true.. BUT so does your nail polish
> remover and nail polish when you decide to do your nails on a Monday
> night in the same room that I am watching 24.
>
> 2) "Your British car is too expensive"... not really...
>
>     A) she spents $65 (inc. tip) on her haircut every 3 weeks, that is
> just over $1100 a year on hair cuts.  I pay $22 (inc. tip) and go
> about every 6 weeks.... or about $200 a year.  Maybe she should get
> her haircut at the place I go to.
>     B) whats the deal with the ultra-expensive cosmetics?  I don't
> wear makeup, she can give it up too.
>     C) Wardrobe - self explanatory.  I KNOW if I added up what is on
> my side of the closet it would be a fraction of what is on her side.
>
> 3) "sometimes you spend more time with your car than me" ... answer...
> well during graduate school who was the one who had to stay up until
> 3-4AM to read and edit those incredibily boring and long developmental
> psych papers you had to write.
>
> 4) Kids... I am not there yet, so she can't use children as an excuse
> that the cars have to go.  But I've said no kids unless I get to name
> one Ghengis.  I think I'm safe for a long time.
>
> 5) House.  DONE!  It took over two years but everything is done to the
> house (for now).  Landscaping and some more hardscaping this spring
> though.
>
> Kai

Regarding this whole discussion, I have several comments.

First, I am reminded of the comment on Dan Master's website noting that
Bill Clinton wishes he attempted installing a V8 into an LBC instead of
..... I think it would have helped Dub too...

Second, relating to number one above - do you really want your wife to
look like you???

Third, concerning number 3 above - DO NOT GO THERE!!! - re-read "The
Man's Manual and Operating Instructions", page 483-497 (you do have this
memorized, right?). I quote "The dumbest woman is smarter than the
smartest man." Let me ask, how many times has anyone on this list
actually won an argument with your wife??? The correct response is
"You're absolutely right, dear. I need to go to the [garage|shop|cellar]
to find a tool."  The word "tool" will shut off her corrective circuits
and give you the cover you need to escape to a safe environment. This
strategy will keep both you and your wife happy.

Regarding 4 and 5 above - those (especially #4) are difficult topics,
too complex to be discussed via email lists. One really needs to discuss
these issues in the company of several peers, in an environment suited
to personal interaction, introspection and meditation. I prefer Napper
Tandy's Pub, but most of us can find a similar venue.

Good luck -

Jim Hurley
75 Tr6
99 F150