lucas alternator

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: lucas alternator
From: Ryan Van Luchene <dejabuzzed@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:36:58 -0800 (PST)
i'm currently on my 3rd rebuilt lucas alternator, that
i bought from NAPA. after less than 1000 miles, they
have all started whistling. it's been over a year
since i exchanged my current one so the warranty is
void now. understandably i am weary of buying another
rebuilt lucas alternator from them, and am thinking of
going the delco conversion route, but i don't know
about searching junkyards for the bracket from a dodge
(?) pickup - is that the only solution?

wondering if anyone thinks something funky is going on
in my car that would cause the premature failure, or
are the alternators and their respective replacement
parts pieces of crap? my battery and coil are pretty
new. i haven't noticed any other weird electrical
issues that could be related.

i would consider getting a lucas alternator from TRF,
maybe they use higher quality parts in their rebuilds?

thoughts??

ryan
6/71 imperial blue

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail