Re: 1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for sale (possible repost -

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, "John Armstrong"
Subject: Re: 1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for sale (possible repost -
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:03:21 -0500
Oliver wrote:

>> I'll be back though, as soon as we move and I get a 3 car
>> garage!! It all would have come out different if I would
>> chosen to spend my time on the TR6 over the new
>> kitchen. Cie La Vie!
>
> yeah - you'd be finalizing your divorce . . .

Hmm, maybe I should do my next 6PACK tech article on spousal relationships?
"Staying Together AND Keeping Your Cars TOO!"

Answers that work for those me-or-the-car scenarios:

1) "Your British car smells"... true.. BUT so does your nail polish remover
and nail polish when you decide to do your nails on a Monday night in the
same room that I am watching 24.

2) "Your British car is too expensive"... not really...

    A) she spents $65 (inc. tip) on her haircut every 3 weeks, that is just
over $1100 a year on hair cuts.  I pay $22 (inc. tip) and go about every 6
weeks.... or about $200 a year.  Maybe she should get her haircut at the
place I go to.
    B) whats the deal with the ultra-expensive cosmetics?  I don't wear
makeup, she can give it up too.
    C) Wardrobe - self explanatory.  I KNOW if I added up what is on my side
of the closet it would be a fraction of what is on her side.

3) "sometimes you spend more time with your car than me" ... answer... well
during graduate school who was the one who had to stay up until 3-4AM to
read and edit those incredibily boring and long developmental psych papers
you had to write.

4) Kids... I am not there yet, so she can't use children as an excuse that
the cars have to go.  But I've said no kids unless I get to name one
Ghengis.  I think I'm safe for a long time.

5) House.  DONE!  It took over two years but everything is done to the house
(for now).  Landscaping and some more hardscaping this spring though.

Kai