RE: studs vs bolts

To: "'Navarrette, Vance'" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, "'oliver'"
Subject: RE: studs vs bolts
From: "Walt" <waltp58@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:31:23 -0500
        "I suppose that you could put a very short stud into the carb,
and then use an internally threaded spacer with a short bolt epoxied or
brazed onto one end. This would be a kind of "female cap screw" that
could then be used to secure the cleaner so that you could still clear
the inner fender when removing the air cleaner."

This is called a "sex bolt". They come with a standard bolt and a threaded
sleeve with a head on it. I don't know if they make them this size but I've
used them in 1/4-20 and smaller. You may be able to find them at a good
fastener supplier.

Walt
'74 TR6