Re: carb question

To: Rusty Greer <rusty.greer@gmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: carb question
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:09:59 -0800 (PST)
Rusty,

I'm going to guess that you have TOO much gas in the
float bowl.  I've had gas shoot out that port when the
gas inlet valve(jet) stuck.  I have the type with the
pin.  You could have a stuck valve, your float is out
of adjustment, or your float(s) could have a hole in
it.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- Rusty Greer <rusty.greer@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am trying to rebuild a TR250. there are some
> pictures here:
> http://www.greer.org/picasa/2006/TR250/index.html
>
> it had been sitting for 10+ years.  we have tried to
> clean things up
> as much as we can to get things running again.
> today was the big day
> that we decided to try to crank it up for the first
> time.  when we
> tried, gas came out of the carb through a hole that
> goes into the air
> cleaner (see attached picture).  any ideas on what
> may have caused
> this?  we took the carbs apart and cleaned them up
> (obviously we did
> something wrong)
>
> the picture can also be seen here:
> http://www.greer.org/picasa/2006/TR250/target48.html