Re: soft top parts question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: soft top parts question
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:36:10 EST
It is possible that all of the parts on my soft top were original. The car
also has the hardtop and the previous owner used it instead of the softtop,
most
of the time. It didn't have the reflective tape on it though, but the car was
delivered in England to its first owner, an air force pilot. So, it may not
have had the US spec top, or maybe just the top was replaced without replacing
the webbing and Velcro.

Sam mentioned that the webbing was attached with screws instead of rivets,
and that is what mine were attached with. I may try to use them again, but they
have a flat point. Could be difficult to get started.

Bud Trussell