Re: Rebuilt Overdrive Not Functioning

To: alwinbj@msn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Overdrive Not Functioning
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:21:08 EST
Believing I put everything together right (all new seals,  springs,
bearings) and adjusted things properly, I put a pressure gauge on  the
operating valve tap. I get just over 300 pounds at 60 MPH. By the way,  the
overdrive is an early A-type from a 1960 TR3A. It has the large,  simple
accumulator. Some things I read say that 300 lbs. is too low. Has  anyone had
a similar experience?

Have you checked the VTR web site?  Larry Young and I posted our  experience
with rebuilding A-type overdrives.  Maybe it could help.

Sam and Carol Clark
Green Country Triumphs
TS45355L  O
CC82030U O