RE: fuel surge/hesitation

To: trsix74@comcast.net (Robert Liam Gannon)
Subject: RE: fuel surge/hesitation
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 13:11:47 -0800
Robert---I remember the conversations we had on this subject back then.
It would be nice to know which one of the four changes you made had the
biggest influence in the results, but I guess that's history now.
Do you recall what float level you ended up with? (16 or 17mm, or ?)
The lighter oil probably allowed the air valves to come up quicker,
giving a momentary lean-out. This would be good for an otherwise
too-rich mix.
Do you recall which needles you went to?

Dick

From:
trsix74@comcast.net(Robert Liam Gannon)

This entire subject brings back memories. A few years back I was heavy
into auto crossing. Every time I went into a sharp left turn and hit the
peddle to come out of the turn, it would bog down. Vital seconds lost as
there was at least as many left turns as there was right.
My answer was four things. 1) Used a slightly lighter oil in the
dampers. I used miracle oil. 2) Replaced the diaphragms. I found
slightly better rubber ones at a local LBC parts supplier. He imported
them from England. Better than I was getting from TRF 3) Adjusted the
floats in the float bowls. 4) Replaced my needles.
The next time I went, I was faster, didn't bog down and came in second
in my class.   (I won't tell you there was only two of us in my
class!!!)
Robert L. Gannon