RE: Where did my clutch fluid go?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Where did my clutch fluid go?
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:09:21 +0000
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>

> I tried to go the "new" route, but was frustrated with that
> plan. The first slave that my local LBC mechanic got for me (from Moss,
> BTW) would not fit through the mounting plate, because the cylinder was
> flared where the line and bleed nipple attached. I returned it, and
> reordered. The second one arrived with the machining on the wrong side
> of the mounting ears, so I returned that one.

FWIW, when I ordered repalcement slave cylinders from BPNW, they were not the
same as original. I called BPNW to enquire, and they told me that they had been
supplying these (County brand, maybe) with no problems. They have now been in
each of my cars for a couple of years, and have been working fine. They were
lower priced as well.

NFI,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U