RE: TR6 Suspension Rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Suspension Rebuild
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:44:43 -0500
  Hi Jim,

  Welcome back. It has been awhile since I rebuilt my suspension but the
nice thing about the list is that you can probably find someone who is
in the midst of the process. The single most important tool you can
have is the Bentley manual. From memory I dont recall any specific
problems that I had that would require the type of information you are
looking for. I would recommend doing one side at a time so you always
have a "correct" side to reference, assuming that your car's suspension
either has never been torn apart or has been redone correctly. I did
make my own spring compressor from a section of threaded rod and a 2X4.
The outside the spring type of compressor didnt work at all. I also
used some moly lube from NAPA for all of the poly bushings I installed.
You will most likely come across something in your rebuild that will
cause you to post a question to the list, but that is what the list is
here for. And, I would encourage everyone to reply on list. When I
first joined the list I went back and read all of the posts in the
archives, in order and there were certainly times where private
in the blanks. Alternately, please summarize and post any pertinent
private responses you receive. Sorry, cant help with the spring type
question.

 Cheers,

 Aaron

 Aaron Cropley