TR6 Suspension Rebuild

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Suspension Rebuild
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:10:50 -0500
    Greetings and Good Day to all! I just recently resubscribed to the list
after a forced hiatus; the PC blew up and I changed servers. I usually just
read and enjoyed the discussions that I found here, but now I have need of
the collective experience and wisdom of the members. I am ready to start the
rebuilding of the Tr6 suspension; it is a 1974 with various woes such as
excessive camber(?), leaning to one side, and spacers inserted in between
the coils of the front springs. What I am soliciting for is this: Please
share the "before you do this, do this", "while you're at it check the", "be
careful to", when disassembling/reassembling, be sure to". I do have a
specific question however" I have a set of stock springs, as well as a set
of "heavy duty" springs, but do not know which is which. How can one tell
the difference? Is it the thickness of the coil spring material, the
heighth, or what? I am going with the nylatron bushings wherever possible as
well as installing a tube shock conversion kit in the rear. Any comments,
hints, tips, advice would be heartily accepted and appreciated! Thanks in
advance to all! Replies may be sent privately if you wish to
jrmcarthur@verizon.net. Thanks again!!