RE: Plastic gearbox cover seal

To: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Plastic gearbox cover seal
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:12:39 -0500
Hi Kendall:

I have a plastic gearbox cover on my TR6. I put on a seal. It seems to
have had a small gap on the driver's side at the front. I've just
located quite a rusty patch there. Clearly hitting a puddle or whatnot
when rain driving lets water get in under the carpets. And I do very
little driving when it's wet. Now I have to buff down the floor there
and re-paint. I recommend sealing the cover fully.

Cheers,

Mark
1972 TR6