Re: exhaust noise

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust noise
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:18:04 -0800
Al---If you find another blown carb diaphragm, the problem is likely
from backfiring in the exhaust. The cause is usually ignition related.
Sometimes this can even separate the seams in the muffler.

Dick

From: 6parts@charter.net(Alan Salvatore)
the other day as I was accelerating in the tr6, I heard this pop, and
then it sounded like I had a hole in exhaust coming off the header. Then
it went away.
Today it came back; so I took the carbs apart and found some slits in
the rubber diaphrams, so I replaced them.
I went out for pizza and the car ran fine over there; heading home, I
gave it the gas and the pop reaccured and now I have the loud exhaust
noise again.
Tommorow I'll check to see if one of the diaphrams in the carb came
loose. I am thinking this may be something else.
The exhaust pipes are all stainless. so I doubt its that unless one has
seperated slightly.
Any ideas , if its not the diaphrams again.
Thanks
Al Salvatore