Re: valve clearances

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: valve clearances
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:36:24 -0800
Mike---I don't like the clatter produced by loose valve stem-to-rocker
clearances either. However, closing up the clearances to less than the
grinder recommends will produce  noticeably more lope, (more valve
overlap) and a somewhat irregular pull at low idle speeds. Best to
follow the card on the cam, and put up with the sound of such looseness.

Dick

From: DaCRANEz@aol.com Date: Fri,

Want to get a group opinion on the proper valve lash settings for a
modified TR. I installed a 150PI cam and Goodparts 1.65to1 roller
rockers. TRF catalog specifies .015 on intake and .017 on exhaust. This
seems a bit loose to me. Any feedback welcome
Mike '71 TR6