Re: manifold off Triumph 2000

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: manifold off Triumph 2000
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:18:53 -0000
> This manifold came on Triumph 2.5 ltr Pi 2000.
> What would the chances of one of these manifolds being in the States, and
> would it work on a TR6?
>
> Thanks
>
> Al Salvatore

Al,

You're referring to the inlet manifold on a 2500TC or 2500S with carbs? I
don't recall seeing my former car (a 2500TC) having a 'tab' where you
describe. It wouldn't apply in the case of the 2500PI, TR5 and 6 as these
had entirely different manifolds being three units, each serving two
cylinders. I would estimate the chances of a 2500TC or S manifold being
available in the US to be very small as those models were never imported. I
think the Triumph 2000 Guru in the UK could help you out. He's Chris Witor
at www.chriswitor.co.uk - or something like that. His parts catalogue is
on-line in a PDF form.

Jonmac