Soliciting ideas for removable luggage rack

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Soliciting ideas for removable luggage rack
From: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:40:18 -0800
A former colleague had a "collapsable" luggage rack for his TR4 when it was
new (i.e., back in the mid-60s).
I never saw it but his description indicated it was easily disassembled and
stored in the trunk when not in use.

I have been reluctant to drill my trunk lid for a luggage rack and was
thinking of a removable rack (attached like
a removable bike rack --- some plastic coated hooks that attach to the edge
of the deck lid or the hinge bracket or...).

Has anyone seen or contrived such a removable luggage rack?  It wouldn't
have to be pretty since I'd only use it
when I had luggage to carry.

Thanks in advance,
Cregg Cowan