RE: Hydraulic TOB

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hydraulic TOB
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:10:51 -0500
Hi All:

I just came from my mechanic's where they are about to fit my new O/D
transmission. I was there to drop off the car and the Gunst throw-out
bearing kit I have been sitting on ever since Don Malling sent it to me
as one of the original group purchases.

In the meantime Len (the mechanic) has been experimenting with Herman's
TOB kit and has installed it in another TR6. He seems completely knocked
over with the setup and is kind of leaning on me to consider it. I
looked at some nice setup shots he had and I'm sort of wavering. It's
about $400 CAN by the time it's here, but as Len put it, "By the time
you've-fit the fork, cross-drilled the shaft and re-builtthe slave
cylinder, you're over $400 anyway."

I have a new SC and the Gunst already in hand, so I think I probably
will stick with my original-looking kit, but I can tell you, I'm
starting to think a fair bit about ebaying my Gunst and going for
Herman's kit.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6