Re: Engine weight

To: Cary Henry <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Engine weight
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:37:55 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Cary Henry wrote:

> Does anyone know how much the 2.5l from a 76 TR6 weighs?  I am curious as to
> the weight with accessories removed, but head still attached.  I am
> preparing to lift the engine off of my frame, and I need a ballpark figure
> so I can machine a lifting bracket.  Thank you very much for your help!!!
> Cary Henry

A fully dressed TR6 engine with tranny is about 450 pounds, plus or minus.

The block, head, crank and pistons (aka a "long block") are north of 320
total.

It's not a big-block 440 Mopar equiv, but these things are pretty heavy.
On the other hand, they're _light_ compared to the AH3000 motor!

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx