Re: Clutch?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:42:33 -0800
Kevin---If there is air trapped in the SC, it can be burped out without
much fanfare.
Loosen the bleed screw (which should be positioned at the highest
point).
Connect a clear tube over the bleed screw and point it upward. You can
make this tube long enough to feed back into the Master reservoir fill
point.
Disconnect the clevis pin at the SC pushrod.
Push the pushrod back into the SC and see what travels up the tube. If
there's air in the SC you'll see it.
If and when no air is seen, tighten the bleed screw and allow the SC
pushrod to return on its own, till the clevis pin is in position to
reattach it.
Fluid in the CMC will fill the void created from the bleed effort. It
shouldn't take much!

If it isn't an air bleed issue, then check for play in the pedal box
linkage. If this looks good, there's always the chance that the (new?)
fork pin has bit the dust, even tho pumping the pedal helps the cause.

Dick

From: kmcnelis@nmsu.edu(Dr L. Kevin McNelis)
New clutch, plate, T/O, fork pins, master & slave. Shifting trouble into
first, but only sometimes. Seems to happen when I'm driving in traffic
at red lights. Clutch gets all soft, won't disengage properly.
  If I let off, then push back down, I can feel hydraulic pressure
building back up. Sometimes one pump will do it, two always will.
HELP! Does this sound like I need to re-bleed it? Defective master?
Defective slave? I'm almost certain it is a hydraulic problem, becasue
all the inside stuff is new.
Suggestions?
Kevin