RE: Distributorless ignition anyone?

To: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Distributorless ignition anyone?
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:42:38 -0500
I had one on my first racecar. I didn't have the money to run on a dyno but
my lap times dropped significantly.

Here's a suggestion; You buy an Electromotive for Daisy and I'll pay for the
Dyno time. This will answer your question!

GRRR!

To: 6pack; Triumph Email List
Subject: Distributorless ignition anyone?

It must be the cold nasty weather, but my mind has been wandering lately and
I wondered if anyone had done away with the Lucas distributor on their TR6
and gone with a crank-fired system.  How much better would this be vs. going
with a converted Mallory unit?  What's the price of tea in China?

Cheers,

R. Ashford Little II