Re: Front suspension bushes

To: lindquistse@charter.net
Subject: Re: Front suspension bushes
From: Gene Garrison <gene@garrison-grafixx.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:54:13 -0800
YES!  I put urethanes in my TR6 10 or 12 years ago.  The place I got them from
(probably TRF) recommended a "copper based lubricant".  I couldn't find any
so I lubed 'em with moly grease and stuck 'em in.

They were good for about a month.  Then the squeaking started.  After about 6
months I put rubber ones back in.

Then, 4 or 5 years ago, I discovered a copper antiseize at NAPA.  I had really
liked the feel of the poly bushings, so I bought another set and put them in
with the copper antisieze.  Haven't had a squeak since.

I see that many of them are now shipping with a silicon lube.  No experience
with that, but you definitely want to lube them with something appropiate.

- GeneG
http://www.garrison-grafixx.com/tr6