RE: Front suspension bushes

To: lindquistse@charter.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Front suspension bushes
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:25:31 -0600
I purchased a set of urethane bushes for Ted at TSI and he recomended a
silicone based grease. I put a light coating on ANY place that rubber
touched metal. Also anti seize on the bolts which pass through the bushing
distance pieces, you don't want the bolt freezing in there for the next
rebuild do you?
The grease I found, which was a job in itself was Dow Corning #44, which
came in a 5.3 OZ tube.It was purchased at Grainger Tools.
The only place where the bushings squeaked was at the steering rack and
that's because I forgot to grease it. All is quiet after only 5,000 miles.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)