RE: bumper opions

To: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>, <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: bumper opions
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:49:12 -0500
I seem to recall paying $400+ for re-chroming my bumper and luggage rack
about 13 years ago. Nary a sign of a blemish so far despite the car
sleeping in an unheated garage by the water in Montreal's fine warm
climate. I went to a chroming place frequented by Harley guys back in
the day. Excellent work, but very labour-intensive. Cheap chrome is
worth even less than the price. The first time you scratch up your hand
polishing sharp bumps or flaking edges you'll regret every penny
"saved".

BTW, due to the labour and skill required, don't go on past reputation
of a place. Check up that the same people who made that reputation are
still involved, or consider only recent work. Things change, and
generally not for the better.

Mark