RE: bumper opions

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: bumper opions
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:28:45 -0600
You need to find out how the bumpers were chromed, as you don't want those
cheap bumpers which rust in a bout 1 year. You want triple plate, Nickle,
copper then chrome. The copper is used as a filler to hide scratch marks.
The place I used used a plated the part four times, nickle, copper, nickel,
chrome. Very exspensive though.
Those cheap bumpers skip some of the plating processes, possibley the copper
part. I think. Find out what kind of warrantee is offered on the chrome. My
guy said life time, and he is close. Not the cheapest, but just 15 miles
down the road. Could have found cheaper I'm sure.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)