Serious Problem update

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Serious Problem update
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:43:46 -0800
Okay, list.  Thanks for all of your responses.

So far, I've checked the water pump, noise is still there with water pump
not turning.  The fan is secure.  No valve springs are broken or binding.  I
even pulled individual spark plug leads and the noise continues.  I also
changed the oil back to Castrol SAE 20W50.  I bought the stethoscope and
enjoyed hearing different things, but I really don't know what I'm listening
to.  I used it on the timing chain cover with nothing unusual there.  I'm
ready to take it to someone with a more trained ear to listen at this point.
I fear that while starting the car after the initial oil change, I gave the
car gas to get it to turn over and it revved up before the oil pressure
gauge had a reading, damaging something in the process.  Other than consult
a couple of local British car professionals, I'm not sure what else I can do
at this point.

Discouraged in the East Bay,

Andy